TRUSTECH, the North West NHS Innovation Service, is the UK procurement lead in a €3mn project to develop innovative...Read more
mHealth Event: Unlocking new markets to transform healthcare
Thursday, July 5, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Manchester, United Kingdom
About the event:
This seminar will explore the funding and partnership opportunities available to drive innovation in mobile and connected health.
Europe, like the rest of the developed world, is facing unprecedented challenges to established models of healthcare, and the use of m(mobile)Health – characterised by the ability to collect real-time information, facilitate access to integrated health data, provide personalised feedback, and exploit social networking with informal as well as formal carers – has immense potential to transform service delivery and outcomes in the healthcare, wellbeing and social care sectors.
In response to the challenges and opportunities of mhealth, the European Connected Health Alliance is working to establish mHealth ecosystems in specific geographic areas. These ecosystems engage local stakeholders to accelerate the wide-scale adoption of mhealth solutions. This event will give you the opportunity to find out about working with the flagship Manchester mhealth ecosystem to:
- understand the real needs and priorities of healthcare organisations to
- access a reliable route from mhealth innovation to routine service; and
- lower barriers to accessing health and social care markets
and develop partnerships with:
- major international companies – Intel, Bosch, Astra Zeneca, Janssen
- hospitals and community care Trusts and local authority social care providers and commissioners including:
- 8 hospitals with 3,700 beds, GPs, Clinical Commissioning Groups, covering the full spectrum of healthcare provision.
- leading clinical research networks and a world class research university
Securing funding to bring innovative solutions to specific healthcare sector needs can be difficult but through the SBRI (Small Business Research Initiative) programme, SMEs and early stage businesses can obtain vital funding for the critical stage of product development in a fast track and simplified process that allows public bodies to engage with business they would not normally work with. The event will provide you with essential information and guidance on SBRI opportunities and other R&D funding for business including:
- proof of market
- proof of concept
- prototype development
- mHealth ecosystem – Prof. Chris Taylor, University of Manchester
- SME funding for mhealth innovations: SBRI and SMART AWARDS for business – Bryan Forbes, Technology Strategy Board
- Open innovation opportunities for SMEs - Intel, Janssen, Bosch
- Breakfast will be provided.
To reserve a place at the event, please visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3794621816
Edward Healthcare, a UK-based company with interests in research, education and investment in elder care, launched their new website...Read more
TRUSTECH, through its offices at Daresbury Laboratories and its association with Sci-Tech Daresbury, is pleased to announce: Developing...Read more
Innovative solutions required! Junior doctor’s bag or ward belt: needed to carry the junior doctor’s essential items on the...Read more
TRUSTECH have been working with The Edward Centre for Healthcare Management Research to produce a FREE quarterly magazine which...Read more
Subscribe for Updates
Register to receive newsletters and information about new programmes and events.