Date: 2nd October 2018 Location: ETC Venues, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester, M1 3HU On 2nd October 2018, Convenzis Events will...Read more
Get involved in research – opportunities for NHS staff in Manchester
The NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) is offering the chance for healthcare workers to experience what participating in research activities is like through short, flexible 4-6 week taster placements. The scheme also offers employers backfill funding to release you from work for the duration.
The programme offers the opportunity to:
- Kick start a career or further study in a clinical research environment
- Work closely with clinical academics in delivering a short research project
- Learn more about how research is conducted within the NHS.
The placements are open to a wide range of NHS staff from different clinical settings, including:
- Nurses, midwives, pharmacists and all Allied Health Professionals, including (but not limited to) physiotherapists, audiologists and dietitians
- No previous research experience is required
- Any grade, but priority given to grade 6 and below
- An opportunity to learn how research can support the NHS to improve patient outcomes.
Full details of the scheme can be found online, along with information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications is 6th November 2017.
Dr Richard Deed, TRUTECH Technology Director and Associate Director for Industry at Health Innovation Manchester, joined an ABHI (Association of...Read more
The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) has announced a new funding call to support digital technologies that aim...Read more
Chronic coughing (a cough lasting more than 8 weeks) is an unpleasant and distressing condition which can severely impact...Read more
With research suggesting that parents are often unable to identify obesity in their own children, a new tool called...Read more
Subscribe for Updates
Register to receive newsletters and information about new programmes and events.